I'm a huge believer that your blog is the life blood of your business. Don't believe me? Read this.
Ok, are we on the same page now? Good. Now, where was I?
...Your blog is the lifeblood of your business. And consistent, valuable content is the lifeblood of your blog.
So if you're completely stuck for ideas, then it's a bit of a nightmare!
The thing is, you don't just need ideas, you need AWESOME ideas that are going to attract your ideal clients. I mean, if you're going to put in all the effort of writing a post, you may as well make it one that people want to read, right? Even if you're only posting once a week that's 52 awesome ideas you have to come up with per year!
Luckily, I have a few tricks up my sleeve in the content creation department (there's a reason I still get paid by my old company to write their posts!) and today, I'm going to share a few of them with you lucky things...
For more business tips and tricks to help you leave your 9-5 behind for good, please show my channel some love and SUBSCRIBE HERE!
Don't have time to watch the video right now? Here are the key takeaways:
- Check out what's working for your competitors. I'm not suggesting you copy, but take a look at what posts are getting tons of engagement and shares
- Address your ideal clients' frustrations - what do they really need help with? Not sure? Go to where they hang out and see what they're saying!
- Be topical - check if there are any trending stories in your niche that you can get in on!
- Use Google - check what popular searches are. The simplest way to do this is to start to type your key word or phrase in and see what suggested questions and topics Google suggests...
- Lastly - ASK! Do you have an email list? Send them a survey or just ask them to hit reply. If not, go find where your ideal clients hang out and ask them there... If you really want to create content that will DELIGHT your ideal clients - ask them what they want and then give it to them 🙂
Hopefully that has equipped you with a few ideas - but of course, that's not enough! If you want those blog posts fuelling your business the way they should then there are a few more steps you need to consider too. If you want to know what they are, then grab your copy of my free Blog Post Checklist now!
Want a step-by-step checklist telling you how to plan, write and promote your blog posts?
Subscribe now and I'll email one right over to you!